Thursday 23 June 2011

IB Diploma

Discretion is the better part of valour is a proverb that means it's better to avoid a dangerous situation than to confront it. So this proverb always keep haunting someone who's in the dilemma to opt whether to take IB or not (I'm not exception) as it's always recommended to contemplate on the whole first, look before you leap.
So here, I'd like to include an IB song to depicture the circumstances of IB students



and this one specially for male;



but despite all this great satire, I think I'll proceed on my plan as actually every cloud has a silver lining. For instances, if I'm going to enrol in A level, the pressure will be harder on mere studying just like SPM. I've had enough for it...........so let's choose the second road !!!

On this post, I'd like to explain a little bit about this new diploma. It's always mentioned in the media recently that's IB is the most sought-after because on his capability to produce all-rounded students. It's two years programme and the IB students require to take 6 subjects. IB students study six courses at higher level or standard level. Students must choose one subject from each of groups 1 to 5, thus ensuring breadth of experience in languages, social studies, the experimental sciences and mathematics. The sixth subject may be an arts subject chosen from group 6, or the student may choose another subject from groups 1 to 5 and for me as medical student to be I'll take biology from this group. To cut the chase, I'm gonna take Bahasa Melayu,  Bussiness and Math for Secondary Level (SL) while Chemistry, English and Biology for Higher Level (HL). In addition the programme has three core requirements that are included to broaden the educational experience and challenge students to apply their knowledge and understanding.
   + The extended essay is a requirement for students to engage in independent research through an in-depth  study of a question relating to one of the subjects they are studying.
   + Theory of knowledge is a course designed to encourage each student to reflect on the nature of knowledge by critically examining different ways of knowing (perception, emotion, language and reason) and different kinds of knowledge (scientific, artistic, mathematical and historical). This's the example of ToK;



   + Creativity, action, service requires that students actively learn from the experience of doing real tasks beyond the classroom. Students can combine all three components or do activities related to each one of them separately.
IB Diploma Programme (2 years) is highly prestigious education with worldwide recognition. the study covers a wide variety of subjects from six fields and thus it helps the students to access to top universities worldwide.
That's all about IB and I'll tell you the truth when I'm myself experience it with my body and soul and the latter will be coming up soon, IB here I come.........

No comments:

Post a Comment